Do Overz Women's Trips
Watch for Information on the Next Do Overz Women’s Trip!
Curious as to what all happens and all the details of previous trips?
Here's the agenda from our Spring 2022 Trip – just a sample of the kind of fun we all get to have as we gather together for an incredible experience:
Amish Wedding Feast
Amish Wedding Feast! A once of a lifetime experience feasting on a traditional Amish wedding dinner in the charming setting of “The Carriage House”. You’ll learn what an Amish wedding day is like complete with this special meal that would be traditionally served by the Amish to their wedding guests.
Shopping in Goshen
Visit Goshen the central shopping stop filled with eclectic shops, specialty boutiques and cozy cafes, including – Olympia Candy Kitchen, making homemade candies for over 100 years; Found, which markets quality art, artifacts and antiques from around the world; handmade and fair trade at Ten; and luxurious handcrafted soap and skin care products at the Soapy Gnome; Goertzen Pottery at the nearby Old Bag Factory.
Southside Soda Shop
Lunch at the South Side Soda Shop! Dine on classic American eats in a restored diner with dining car & a 1940’s soda fountain. The diner was featured on Food Network’s “Diners, Drive-ins and Dives” and in Gourmet Magazine.
Visit Coppes Commons where Nappanee’s colorful history comes alive. Originally the factory for Coppes Cabinets that produced the famous “Hoosier Cabinet,” this 100,000 square foot renovated factory now houses a variety of small local shops. Then enjoy an “out of this world” ice cream that is flash frozen right before your eyes at over 320 degrees below zero from Rocket Science.
Dinner Buffet & Half-Stitched, The Musical' at the Blue Gate Restaurant
Begin at the Music Hall for "Half-Stitched, The Musical". What could possibly go wrong when an Amish widow decided to teach a small weekend quilting class? Cultures collide and personalities clash when six loose threads and an Amish widow spend a weekend together learning a little about quilts, and a lot about themselves. This Broadway-caliber musical will have you bent over laughing, fighting back tears, and humming along to the unforgettable melodies. Based on Wanda Brunstetter's novel The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club. After the show, enjoy a delicious Blue Gate Dinner Buffet!
Visit Shipshewana! A 40-acre Shipshewana Flea Market & Auction with around 700 vendors offering – fresh seasonal produce, crafts, home decor, dollar items, clothes, garden supplies, cleaning supplies, beauty essentials, antiques, jewelry, accessories, games, books, toys, furniture, vintage items, baked goods, signs, silk flowers, handmade items, and everything in between. Bring some comfy shoes! There are food courts, a sit-down restaurant and rest areas throughout the market!
Paint an Amish Quilt Barn Art piece inside the Nappanee Center
Sit down with local artist, Linda Pieri and be shown painting secrets developed throughout the ages. Linda has taught over 1000 people in the art of acrylic painting encouraging them to “not just look at what you are drawing or painting, but to see what is really there.” You will be able to observe a demonstration and follow step-by-step instructions that will help you create your own masterpiece. This is not a paint by number situation. Linda helps each person discover the creative artist inside of each of them. Everything is provided including: easel, canvas, acrylic paints, brushes, brush basins, palettes, and paint clothes. Acrylic paintings are on 5” x7” canvas board postcards. Everyone leaves with a finished painting that they will be proud of. Class takes place inside the Nappanee Center which is home to historical Nappanee exhibits.
Grab Bag Backroads Tour
You’ll have so much fun with Grab Bag Backroads Tour of the Amish Country! A bag is provided with goodies from four Amish stores. Travel scenic backroads passing horse-drawn buggies, tidy farm homes and white-washed barns. Learn about the fascinating lifestyle of the Amish as your local guide tells all about the area and the history, traditions, and customs of the Amish. You’ll stop at a variety of welcoming country stores and quaint shops as you load up your brown bag with goodies. All this while traveling some of the beautiful Quilt Gardens along the way.
Hilton Garden Inn, Elkhart
Triple/Quad Occupancy $834 (per person)
Double Occupancy $894 (per person)
Single Occupancy $1,074 (per person)
Transportation via Arrow Stage Lines Motorcoach
Three Nights Hotel Accommodations
Two dinners & three lunches
A Few Notes Before You Register
- This trip is non-refundable (unless we cancel the trip), however it is transferable. If for some reason you are unable to attend, you can gift or sell your trip to another person and they can go in your place.
- If you would like a room all to yourself please select Single Occupancy Registration.
- If you are going to be attending with a friend and want to room with them please indicate their name on the form. You must BOTH register for Double Occupancy Registration and list each other’s names to be placed together. Because we need specific information for each person attending the trip, we ask that you submit separate registrations for each member of your group instead of registering all together.
- If you are going to be attending with two or three friends and want to room with them please indicate their name on the form. You must ALL register for Triple/Quad Occupancy Registration and list each other’s names to be placed together. Because we need specific information for each person attending the trip, we ask that you submit separate registrations for each member of your group instead of registering all together.
- Your emergency contact cannot be someone on the trip with you.
- If you have any questions or would like us to complete your registration for you, please let us know.